If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a weekend classic and sometimes a weeknight savior. Usually made with left over french fries. On occasion, a bag of good frozen fries make the grade (like alexia fries). —Brooksie
- 8 pieces good bacon, cut into 1/2 pieces with kitchen shears
- 1 or 2 chopped shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- splashes good white wine
- 1-2 handfuls Left over French Fries or one package of good frozen fries, or even homemade! ( or left over mashed potatoes or potatoes anna or....)
- 1 handful , or more, any cheese you like
- 2 handfuls washed arugula, or other green veg
- 8-10 grade AA fresh organic eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- fresh grated Parmegiano Reggiano
- 2 scallions, chopped
- any fresh or dried herbs you like
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Using kitchen shears cut the 8 strips of bacon into approx 1/2 slices into a heated cast iron pan or other stove-top to oven casserole dish/pan. Allow to brown a few minutes, tossing frequently.
- Saute onion and garlic with the bacon until translucent and slightly caramelized.
- While the onions are cooking beat together the eggs, the yogurt and the water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- de-glaze the onions with a splash of white wine.
- Once the wine has mostly evaporated add the potatoes to the pan and toss with the onions and bacon.
- Top the potatoes and onions with the arugula or other veg's. and the chopped scallions and any fresh herbs
- Pour egg mixture over the potatoes and arugula and lower heat. Allow to cook on the stove top for a few minutes to set the bottom of the eggs.
- Top with grated parmigiano reggiano and place in the oven for approx 10-15 minutes. Cook until golden brown on top and a knife entered into the center comes out clean.
- remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes and then serve. Also very good at room temp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).