Author Notes: Combining two of my absolute favorite summertime ingredients: pesto and avocado. Take advantage of fresh basil for this fast, flavorful meal. Rich, creamy and vegan.
- 1 pound dried linguini
- 1 bunch Basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avacados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to package directions. While pasta cooks, in a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with sundried tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil