If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Combining two of my absolute favorite summertime ingredients: pesto and avocado. Take advantage of fresh basil for this fast, flavorful meal. Rich, creamy and vegan.
- 1 pound dried linguini
- 1 bunch Basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 ripe avacados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to package directions. While pasta cooks, in a food processor, blend basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. In a large serving bowl, toss pesto with hot, freshly cooked pasta and garnish each serving with a basil leaf. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with sundried tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.