If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is also wonderful with game meat, especially elk. You can also substitute pan-fried tofu for the beef; this is a favorite with my sister, who is a vegetarian. Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. - chickcalledted
- 4 teaspoons Oyster Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Minced Jalapeño Chili
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 pound Beef Flank Steak, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1/2 cup Canned low-salt chicken broth
- 40 Fresh Basil Leaves (left whole)
- Freshly cooked white rice
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Heat vegetable oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add and beef and stir-fry until medium-rare, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
- Add sauce mixture to wok and bring to boil. Add chicken broth and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Return beef to sauce in wok; add basil leaves and stir just until beef is cooked through, about 1 minute. Serve over rice.
- *NOTE: Soak rice before beginning this recipe.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
The Power of the Punch Bowl
Garnish at your own risk.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Refined at Age Five
That was a close shave.