Author Notes: This is also wonderful with game meat, especially elk. You can also substitute pan-fried tofu for the beef; this is a favorite with my sister, who is a vegetarian. Adapted from a Bon Appetit recipe. - chickcalledted
- 4 teaspoons Oyster Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Fish Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Minced Jalapeño Chili
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 pounds Beef Flank Steak, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1/2 cup Canned low-salt chicken broth
- 40 Fresh Basil Leaves (left whole)
- Freshly cooked white rice
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Heat vegetable oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add and beef and stir-fry until medium-rare, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
- Add sauce mixture to wok and bring to boil. Add chicken broth and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Return beef to sauce in wok; add basil leaves and stir just until beef is cooked through, about 1 minute. Serve over rice.
- *NOTE: Soak rice before beginning this recipe.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil