If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This versatile recipe is a weekend favorite of mine. Pancetta may be substituted for Turkey Sausage. Thyme may be substituted for Tarragon. Asiago may be grated onto eggs before broiling, or feta or ricotta salata crumbled over eggs after broiling. Creativity is your secret ingredient. My hunny and I prepare this almost every Sunday morning, and serve with french press coffee. It's pretty effortless... You can roll out of bed and fifteen minutes later, you've got stellar start to your day! - Traveling Tongue
- 3 large brown eggs or 4 small brown eggs
- 1/2 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 link of sweet, lean Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Turn oven dial to High Broil.
- Remove sausage casing and break into smaller bits. Lightly brown sausage and shallot in a small saute pan and set aside.
- Arrange spinach and tomato slices in the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or 48 oz. Ramekin, leaving small wells in which to place the eggs.
- Crack eggs into wells and scatter turkey sausage and shallot over dish. Add a pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Pour heavy cream over dish.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes, until whites have solidified and yolks are slightly runny.
- Sprinkle with chopped tarragon and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Recipe of the Day
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.