If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Living in Southwest Florida, my husband and I grow fresh basil nearly all year around and love to use it as much as possible. This is a fresh, easy and delicious summer meal. Grilled shrimp is a great substitue for the chicken. - Leigh
Serves 4 - 5
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Rep pepper flakes
- 1 pound Whole wheat or whole grain penne pasta
- 2 cups Grape tomatoes - halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh basil - coursley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh mozzarella - diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh garlic minced - (adjust according to your love for garlic!)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature while you grill the chicken and cook the pasta.
- Season chicken with a pinch of salt, pepper , red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil. Grill over medium heat until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from grill and let rest and then cut into bite size cubes.
- Cook the pasta al dente (according to package directions). Using a slotted spoon or spider draining spoon remove the pasta directly from the boiling water to the bowl of prepared ingredients. Add one ladle of hot pasta water. Add the chicken to the bowl. Stir to combine. The mozzarella will slightly melt and all of the great flavors of the basil and garlic will be released! Serve and enjoy. Leftovers are great cold!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.