If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make this routinely while camping and shortly after harvesting fresh clams from the beach. Great recipe at home too. - ksagee
- 80 Fresh Clams (In shell)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Light Beer
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Wash and clean clams. Set aside.
- Finely dice onion and garlic and fresh basil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add water and beer and bring to boil.
- Add clams and basil and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover dutch oven and allow to steam for 8-10 minutes and until clams are open.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve with melted butter and bread if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.