If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I invented this recipe myself because I love pomegranate molasses and I want love Mediterranean flavors. —toniti
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2-3 pieces garlic
- 1 tablespoon black cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- In a T. of olive oil, saute the chopped garlic and the thinly sliced onions until translucent.
- Add the black cumin seeds and the paprika. Cook them until you can smell the fragrance as the fragrance oils are released.
- Add the cooked chickpeas into the pot with about half a cup of water. Simmer on a medium to low heat until the water has completely evaporated.
- Take off the flame
- Add the uncooked red pepper, the chopped Kalamata olives, and the fresh chiffonade of basil. Add the pomegranate molasses. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Can also add red chili flakes.
- Serve with a garnish of basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).