If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this one when our garden became overwhelmed with basil at the same time that the texas heat set in! - kga414
Makes 1 gallon
Basil Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh chopped loosely packed basil
Homemade Sun Tea
- 1 gallon water
- 4-6 packets Lipton Tea Bags
- heat the sugar and water together on low in a pan
- when sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool. at this point add the basil and stir.
- Pour cooled basil simple syrup into bottom of pitcher, and add your sun tea (should be made previously and is better if it sits in the sun all day before)
- this can be made instantly without sun tea by just boiling about a gallon of water and letting the same amount of tea bags steep for a bit.
- pour over ice and relax on your back porch!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil