Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this one when our garden became overwhelmed with basil at the same time that the texas heat set in! - kga414
Makes 1 gallon
Basil Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh chopped loosely packed basil
Homemade Sun Tea
- 1 gallon water
- 4-6 packets Lipton Tea Bags
- heat the sugar and water together on low in a pan
- when sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool. at this point add the basil and stir.
- Pour cooled basil simple syrup into bottom of pitcher, and add your sun tea (should be made previously and is better if it sits in the sun all day before)
- this can be made instantly without sun tea by just boiling about a gallon of water and letting the same amount of tea bags steep for a bit.
- pour over ice and relax on your back porch!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil