If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy summer supper, using fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, turkey sausage and whole wheat pasta. This dish is a healthy but hearty week night meal. —karinacook
- 1 pound Hot Italian Turkey Sausage (casings removed)
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil water for one pound of pasta. Salt Water. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon of EVOO over medium high heat in a saute pan. Add turkey sausage (without casings) to pan
- Break up bits of sausage. Add minced garlic to sausage mixture
- When sausage is no longer pink, add chopped basil, sliced tomatoes, cooked pasta, last tablespoon of EVOO, lemon juice, and one cup of pasta cooking water to pan.
- MIx together, salt to taste. Let sit 5 minutes so ingredients can marry.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Freeze It Right There
Frozen desserts like they're meant to be
All we want is frozen dessert.
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Your poolside essentials.
Recipe of the Day