Author Notes: Quick and easy summer supper, using fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, turkey sausage and whole wheat pasta. This dish is a healthy but hearty week night meal. - karinacook
- 1 pound Hot Italian Turkey Sausage (casings removed)
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil water for one pound of pasta. Salt Water. Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon of EVOO over medium high heat in a saute pan. Add turkey sausage (without casings) to pan
- Break up bits of sausage. Add minced garlic to sausage mixture
- When sausage is no longer pink, add chopped basil, sliced tomatoes, cooked pasta, last tablespoon of EVOO, lemon juice, and one cup of pasta cooking water to pan.
- MIx together, salt to taste. Let sit 5 minutes so ingredients can marry.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil