If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I have been working on for the last few zucchini seasons. I first attempted to fry the zucchini flowers -- no good -- they soaked up way too much oil. Baking works best, but be sure to check them often and baste with a little more olive oil if needed. The basil adds a nice floral flavor. I served these with a few baby zucchini seared with olive oil, thyme and course ground pepper. —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6-8 basil leaves chopped
- about 6 medium zucchini flowers
- olive oil
- extra salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the egg, goat cheese, pepper, salt and basil together.
- Stuff flowers with this mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet that has been brushed with a little olive oil. Brush the stuffed flowers lightly with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on top.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 425 degrees, or until flowers are golden and cheese is bubbly and cooked.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
A Fine Line
Prep your baking pan easily, no matter its size
How to line a baking pan.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A minimalist panzanella.
The chicest apron around.