Author Notes: I was looking for an easy recipe for a photo shoot on using fresh herbs in cooking. I liked the way the green of the basil contrasted with the pink of the shrimp. It turned out so tasty I now make it all the time. - SUtahFoodie
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces uncooked linguini
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, for cooking
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Wash, shell and devein the shrimp.
- Cook the linguini in a large pot of water according to package directions.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are pink. Add the basil and saute another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Drain the linguini and return to the pan. Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until the butter is melted.
- Divide the pasta between four serving plates. Top each plate of pasta with shrimp and garnish with a leaf or two of fresh basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil