If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is dually named for my friend Barbara T who gave me the original recipe, and for the ingredients Basil and Tomatoes. - journaler
Serves 3 or 4
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Shallots, chopped
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 16 oz Crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons Capers (no liquid)
- 1/4 cup black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 pound Pasta
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Note: Make the sauce in a dutch oven or large pot since you will be adding the pasta to the sauce.
- While cooking pasta saute garlic and shallots in olive oil, (use vegetable broth for fat-free version), until soft.
- Add basil and stir until wilted (the basil, not you.)
- Add tomatoes and simmer until nice and hot then add the capers.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the sauce. Mix well and add chopped olives. Mix lightly and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil