If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend brought me some Lemongrass tea from the Seychelles and since I grow Basil and always have a good amount or I freeze excess basil. I have used this recipe many times. It was originally made with lemongrass stalks-which are more accessible. I will give the recipe with the stalks. - rosiew1
Serves 2 quarts
- 1 cup basil leaves and stems chopped
- 3 large lemongrass stalks
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or light honey
- Place the basil, mint, and lemongrass in a large heatproof bowl.
- Add the boiling water, cover and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- Strain into a pitcher and stir in the agave syrup (or honey)
- Pour into 6 icefilled glasses and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods