If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Years ago we had an appetizer at Hudson's on the Bend here in Austin that was an heirloom tomato stuffed with herbed goat cheese. We recreated it at home and make them often for a side dish with an abundance of our fresh garden tomatoes. - nannydeb
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces soft chevre cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium fresh garden tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Puree the basil, garlic, chevre cheese and salt in a food processor. Add enough olive oil to make a smooth cheese spread consistancy.
- Core the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. If your tomatoes roll around on you, cut a smidge off of the bottom to make them stay put.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the basil cheese mixture and place them in a glass baking dish.
- Bake the tomatoes for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Serve on a bed of greens as an appetizer or side dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Recipe of the Day
Make Monday better with a Tea Thyme Soda
Tea Thyme Soda
The sun is out: Are you?
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.