If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just a combination of my favorite things, pasta, lemon basil and salmon. - Colleen Flynn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 4( 4 oz.) ounces salmon filets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 zested lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 pounds whole wheat spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add the spaghetti, stir for 30 seconds( lower heat but maintain a boil) and cook until al dente about 8 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, saute 1 clove minced garlic in 3 T. olive oil until fragrant (do not brown). Drain the spaghetti and transfer to a large bowl. Add the minced garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss.
- In a medium skillet warm 1 T. olive oil over medium/ high heat.Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. When the oil is warm add the salmon fillets. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side (depends on the thickness of the fish). When done, remove the salmon from the pan.
- Now add the basil, lemon juice and lemon zest to the spaghetti. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 c. fresh baby spinach on each plate. Top with whole wheat spaghetti. Now top spaghetti with a salmon filet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil