Author Notes: I had an idea to make a crisp pancake. My first mistake was to start cooking with no experience in making pancakes! As I looked into the pan as it cooked, I knew I wouldn't be having anything close to a pancake. But surprisingly, I loved this flavor and texture combination I ended up with...another lesson in being open to whatever happens! - CafeAnna
- 1 bunch scallions/spring onions
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup flour
- 10 leaves of basil chopped roughly
- 2 green chilis chopped finely
- salt to taste
- Dash of water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and combine using a large spoon.
- Heat oil in a large flat bottomed pan on medium heat. Add the mixture to the pan, spreading it out across the pan. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn the mixture using a spatula scraping the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off heat and serve either hot or when cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil