If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love eating lentils, they are high on protein and a good sources of good things in avery single way. The french ones are my favorite! —floharth
- 1 Large onion
- 5 galic cloves
- 3 Carrots
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Celery sticks
- 1 pound French lentils
- 1 bunch Basil
- 3 tablespoons Roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Chop the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook them in the olive oil.
- Add the lentils and stir in the salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cover the lentils with water and cook until done.
- Separately cook the rice, which ever your choice is. I used white rice this time but love to make them with other kinds of rice too.
- Mix the cooked lentils with the rice and then add the chopped roasted red peppers and the fresh basil which I love just breaking with my hands.
- If desired drizzle a little olive oil on top before serving, truffled ones go very nicely with this.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.