Author Notes: I love eating lentils, they are high on protein and a good sources of good things in avery single way. The french ones are my favorite! - floharth
- 1 Large onion
- 5 galic cloves
- 3 Carrots
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Celery sticks
- 1 pound French lentils
- 1 bunch Basil
- 3 tablespoons Roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Chop the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook them in the olive oil.
- Add the lentils and stir in the salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cover the lentils with water and cook until done.
- Separately cook the rice, which ever your choice is. I used white rice this time but love to make them with other kinds of rice too.
- Mix the cooked lentils with the rice and then add the chopped roasted red peppers and the fresh basil which I love just breaking with my hands.
- If desired drizzle a little olive oil on top before serving, truffled ones go very nicely with this.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil