Author Notes: This is a super quick, easy & delish home cooked dish. Tips: Don't over cook the clams. - idalingi - idalingi
Food52 Review: This fast and easy stir fry has hints of ginger and spice from the chile. I would serve with rice to sop up some of the delicious salty liquid. Be sure to get a basil leaf in every bite. - Stephanie - A&M
- 1 pound fresh clams
- 2-3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 planks of ginger
- 1 chili pepper, remove the ribs and seeds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium/light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking rice wine/sake/white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Clean main ingredients thoroughly, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan, sauté ginger, garlic and pepper until fragrant.
- Turn stove to high, toss in the clams, add soy sauce, wine and water, stir continuously for a minute and cover for 3 minutes or until most of the clams open.
- Add basil leaves stir for a minute and turn off the stove. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil