If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Speedy Green Meanie Chicken Tenders can be made and served within 15 minute, and are versatile! The tenders are delicious served on salads, pasta, or rice. With the spiciness from the Serrano peppers and the strength of the basil flavoring, the tenders are great on ciabatta, pita, or even tortillas. The first time I made this tantalizing dish, I also roasted asparagus & broccoli and served the tenders with fresh summer fruit salad, and garlic Artisan Bread. OH MY – the whole dinner was so packed with flavor my family and I wanted to keep eating! I know you will enjoy this quick and easy, ever so flavorful BASIL packed dish! *My favorite way to mince basil is in the mini-chopper attachment of my immersion blender. —Merry
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 (3-inch) green Serrano pepper, stems and seeds removed
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ground cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons finely grated 100% Parmesan Cheese (canister not freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- basil leaves for garnish
- salt to taste
- Place egg white and chicken tenders in a gallon storage bag, shake for 10 seconds. Set aside.
- In a mini-food processor, finely mince basil, pepper, and garlic. Scrape down the sides of the food processor; add lemon pepper, cornmeal, and Parmesan cheese. Process mixture until it resembles green cornmeal; pour onto dinner plate. Roll and evenly coat chicken tenders in mixture.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Sauté chicken without disturbing for 3 minutes (turn heat to medium-high heat if browning too quickly). Turn chicken over and cook 4 minutes or until the center of the thickest chicken tender is thoroughly cooked. Place on a serving platter, garnish with basil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Serves: 4
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.