If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The scampi sauce is the star of the show in this dish. The extra-virgin olive oil is infused with anchovies, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Sautéing the anchovies causes them to melt and develop a somewhat nutty flavor-not a fishy taste at all. Fresh basil and parsley add a herbal aroma. and red pepper flakes give mild warmth. Finishing off the scampi sauce with white wine and butter makes it creamy. Cooking the whole wheat linguine in the same pot as the scampi causes the pasta to absorb the flavors of the sauce and is convenient. Although any type of seafood or even chicken would be delicious in this sauce, I like to use succulent and juicy shrimp with fresh lemon juice. Have some crusty bread on hand to sop up every bit of the scampi sauce. - Kiss the Cook
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 anchovies
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound whole wheat linguini
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- sea salt (go light on the salt because anchovies are salty) and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add anchovies, garlic and crushed pepper to the pan and cook until anchovies melt into oil, a couple of minutes.
- Add parsley, basil, and wine and reduce for 1 minute then melt butter into sauce. Add chicken broth and water to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in the linguini and reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered for 6 to 7 minutes until pasta is almost al dente.
- Add the shrimp cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp are firm. Stir in lemon juice and zest and season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.