If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rib-eye is my favorite cut of steak because it takes very little effort to make it taste delicious. Marinating the rib-eyes in chimicurri infuses the meat with a fresh herbal undertones of basil and parsley, and acidity of the sherry vinegar and lemon juice make it juicy and fork tender. This steak cuts like butter. When poured over the top of the grilled meat, the combination a rib-eye with a seared outside and warm red center complimented with fragrant chimichurri sauce fits like a well-tailored Italian suit. —kitchen witch
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of each: freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 4 rib-eye steaks, 1 3/4 inch thick, 8 to 10 ounces each
- Combine garlic, jalapenos, vinegar, basil, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, and sea salt in food processor and process until smooth.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the chimichurri to serve later. Place the steaks in a large shallow baking dish, cover with the marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered for 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove steaks from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and season with sea salt and black pepper. Discard remaining marinade. Grill until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare or until desired doneness.
- Spoon some chimichurri over the meat. Serve with the remaining chimichurri sauce at the table.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.