If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and stunning. I love the fresh flavours this recipe delivers. Be warned, don't attempt it without fresh corn - you will miss the va va voom.......and that's not what you want. You could always vary the herb combination and add/take away - it is an adaptable recipe which we've enjoyed with grilled fish, burgers and lentils on different occasions. This recipe was adapted from a 'delicious' mag recipe. Their version - made with a lot of oil, chickpeas and a combination of mint and parsley. —Kitchen Butterfly
- 2 ears of fresh corn on the cob, shucked and ready to go
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped up
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, finely chopped up
- 1/2 red paprika, finely chopped up
- Finely grated zest and juice of a lime
- 1 -2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- Optional - green scallions to garnish and basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Heat up a grill pan on medium . When hot, brush on some oil and place corn on. Let cook lightly and turn around after 30 seconds, till the corn changes colour from yellow to just golden - you know what I mean, about 3 -4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and using a sharp knife, strip the cobs of their kernels, cutting as close to the cob as possible, without getting the cob itself!
- Heat up remaining oil in another pan (sorry) and gently cook the shallots, chili pepper, paprika, lime zest for a couple of minutes til soft but not coloured.
- Add the corn kernels, stir well and take off the heat. Stir in the chili sauce and herbs. Season to taste.
- Also delicious served on top of light toasts, Brie eggs, crostini style
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.