Author Notes: My sisters and I would get two "fried" meatballs each before the rest went into the pot of pasta sauce. It was a Sunday tradition that I now cook for my own son who I named Dominick after his papa. - ConnieD
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the ground beef, fresh basil, dried basil, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and kosher salt and mix together by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll meatball mixture into approximately 1-1/2 inch round balls.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium to medium low heat. Cook meatballs turning to brown on all sides. Approximately twelve minutes total cooking time or until cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil