If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tamari, orange and lime juices marinate swordfish kabobs to create tender, sweet morsels, both succulent and savory, with a caramelized golden crusty top and bottom. Grilling the red bell pepper and red onion chunks develops their natural sugars and tastiness. The cherry tomatoes burst in your mouth with intensified flavor. Fragrant jasmine rice is the perfect accompaniment to this dish. - Garden Gate Kate
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt fresh ground black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steak, cut into 1.5" cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, combine garlic, tamari, orange juice, lime juice and zest, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add the cubed swordfish, cherry tomatoes, peppers and onion and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oiled grill to medium high heat. For each skewer, place a swordfish cube, then a tomato, red onion and red pepper slice, ending with a piece of swordfish. Arrange your kabobs on a platter and drizzle with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and remaining marinade on both sides. Place the prepared skewers on the grill and cook 3 minutes. Gently turn and cook another 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve tamari citrus marinated swordfish kabobs with tomatoes, onions and peppers on a fluffy bed of fragrant jasmine rice or on leafy greens.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.