If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can’t come up with a good name for this savory brunch, adding ‘goodness’ to any title makes it an instant best seller in my book. Par usual for a Sunday, everything we used in the recipe (minus the garlic, olive oil, and paprika) was purchased earlier this morning at the farmers market. I’m going to be bold and say that this is my favorite breakfast flavor profile. Earthy, Savory, Salty. I can’t remember the last time I made and/or ordered pancakes or waffles or french toast. This is pretty much a no fail process. Round up your ingredients and use your intuition while reading the directions. - Happyolks
Serves enough for 2 plus leftovers
- 1 Wala Wala Onion
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1-2 Summer Squash(es)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 small Heirloom Tomatoes, quartered
- 11/2 cup White Beans
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups packed Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup minced Basil
- 1 Loaf artisan bread of choice
- 4 softboiled Eggs
- Roughly chop onions, unpeeled squash, tomatoes and set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, minced garlic, and paprika and mix until the oil just begins to show signs of bubbling. Add all of the tomatoes, onion, squash, and white beans… sauté a bit, then reduce to low and cover. Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Prepare eggs for soft-boiling (cooked on the outside medium-runny in the middle) by puncturing a very small hold on the broad side of the egg with a clean pin or paperclip. Set a timer, and as soon as you submerge the eggs in the boiling water, countdown from 5 minutes. Remove immediately and add to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Add the basil, spinach, and a quick grind of salt to the veggie pan and stir. Give it a shock of heat to steam wilt the spinach, then remove and prepare to serve. Peel the eggs, and set 2 each per person on top of the greens and tuck a slice of bread or two in the liquid “goodness.” Consume with joy.
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.