If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is perfect for the fall, when zucchini is in season. It is simple, delicious, and tasty! - Ambitious
- 6 Large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh grated zucchini
- 2/3 cups freshly grated reggiano parmigiano
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fresh minced parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh minced basil
- 2 medium minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash seasalt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heated cast iron pan coated with 2 teaspoons of oil, cook shallots until translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini to the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until all the water from the zucchini has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and eggs, making sure to break apart the yolks.
- Add salt, pepper, and vanilla to the egg mixture. Stir well. Add bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Add cooked zucchini, shallots and herbs to the mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into cast iron skillet.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes, until the middle comes out clean when inserted with a stick. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs