If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick, simple kale side dish boosted with a spike of red wine vinegar and nutmeg. It's a great, hearty substitute for sauteed spinach, and is especially good with southern and spicy foods (I most often pair this with jerk chicken!). - One Hungry Mama
Serves 2 to 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces garlic, minced
- 2 bunches kale, cleaned, stemmed & torn into pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Heat oil over medium in a large dutch oven. Add garlic. Saute until it begins to turn brown.
- Add kale, tossing to coat with oil and garlic. You may need to do this in batches, allowing one batch to wilt slightly before adding the next.
- Once all of the kale is slightly wilted, add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Turn heat to medium-high and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until liquid cooks off. When it has, add remaining 1/2 cup broth, cover, turn heat to medium-low, and let cook for about 20 minutes, until kale is tender.
- Uncover and turn heat to medium. Cook for 1-2 minutes, allowing most of excess liquid to cook off. Add nutmeg and vinegar. Cook just a few more minutes, until sauce cooks down to a nice coating.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook Greens
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.