Author Notes: This recipe came to me by way of a happy accident. When purchasing a pound of tuna steaks I was given swordfish by mistake. I improvised using some goodies I found in the refrigerator, including some fabulous garlic scapes from the greenmaket and came up with grilled swordfish with garlic scape pesto! - steffsays
- 1 pound swordfish steak, cut into 4 fillet-sized pieces
- 5 garlic scapes, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place garlic scapes, basil, olive oil, Parmesan and 1/2 of the lemon juice in a food processor.
- Process the mixture until it is smooth. More olive oil can be added to achieve the desired texture.
- Heat up a standard grill, grill pan, or counter top electric grill and coat it with cooking spray or oil.
- Season the swordfish with the remaining lemon juice and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish until thoroughly cooked. This should take about 5 minutes if the fillet is 1/2 inch thick.
- Top the swordfish with pesto.
- Serve with side dishes of your choice or add lettuce and tomato to make a sandwich or wrap (my preference).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe