If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good Margarita! I also love to marinate a little chicken in some Margarita mix. Tonight's fare started out to be one thing and ended up being another. This happens to me on a regular basis. This is very easy, very quick and very delicious! —vivisue
Serves 4 skewers
Margarita Chicken Kabobs
- 1 Whole Chicken Breast (or two halves)
- 1 cup Margarita Mix (liquid and with or without tequila)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Scallion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican Oregano
- 2 Yellow Squash, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium Onion, cut into 1/8ths
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1"-2" pieces
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
Spanish Wild Rice
- 1 cup Wild Rice (Wild and Brown mixed is what I used)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Oregano
- Combine Margarita mix, olive oil, garlic, scallion, chipotle chile powder, ancho chile powder, and 1/2 tsp dried oregano in a plastic baggie. Place whole breast (or breast halves) into baggie and place baggie into a medium bowl, just in case the baggie leaks. Let marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, cut up veggies and start your rice. Mix rice, chicken stock and remaining spice in small saucepan. Bring to boil, cover then simmer for about 50 minutes.
- Remove chicken from baggie and save marinade into bowl. You will use this for basting. Be sure and discard any leftover marinade.
- Cut chicken into 2" pieces and skewer with vegetables. Any pieces that have small ends, just tuck the ends under and secure with skewers. I like to use two skewers, one on each side of the meat and veggies to keep them from rolling around, as they tend to do on a single skewer.
- Light grill and turn to medium high heat. Place skewers on grill. Cook for about 5 minutes and baste with marinade. Turn. Repeat this twice, or until chicken is done.
- Remove veggies from grill and rice from pan. Serve with a fresh nectarine or strawberry salad with poppy seed dressing or a nice Tuscan melon!
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.