If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came about when I did not have ricotta cheese on hand but did have sour cream...The teachers at school demand it every year when I take dinners for parent teacher conferences. It is also a great dish assembled or cooked and frozen as a gift to others... —clstephenson
- 1/2 pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large White or Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 30 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 15 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil or 1 tablespoon Dried
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 16 ounces Container of Sour Cream (Non-Fat works just as well)
- 16 ounces Mozzeralla Cheese
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- Brown crumbled ground pork and beef in a dutch oven on medium high heat until cooked.
- Add diced onions and garlic cook until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and 1/2 of the tomato sauce.
- Stir in herbs and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When slightly cooled stir in sour cream.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Layer lasagna noodles slightly overlapping in a single layer.
- Top with a layer of sauce mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Repeat slightly pressing lasagna noodles. Continue until sauce is used or pan is full.
- The last layer of mozzarella cheese should almost completely cover the top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cook 50-60 minutes at 425 until bubbly. Cover with foil if cheese begins to brown.
- Let rest for 45 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Freezes well. Great gift!
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.