If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best crab cakes, and sourdough bread I've eaten, have been in San Francisco. So that's what I pictured when I set out to create this swordfish recipe. Cute lil' cakes that were crispy on the outside, while keeping moist and flavor packed on the inside. The swordfish cakes were a great hit! I loved hearing responses from non-fish eater, "WOW, this is perfect." Note: Making sourdough breadcrumbs is a great way to use unwanted, not-so-fresh sourdough! —Merry
Serves 6 cakes
- 3 to 5 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese (canister not fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 green onions
- 2 celery sticks, (1/2 cup chopped celery)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1.5 pounds swordfish, rinse, pat dry, cut 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- 4 ounces Mascarpone cheese, soften
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In food processor, fine mince sourdough bread, Parmesan cheese and lemon pepper to equal 2 cups crumbs; set aside.
- In food processor, finely mince green onions, celery, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest. Add swordfish to minced ingredients and pulse 7 times to coarsely grind (do not over process, about ¼-inch pieces). In a large mixing bowl, with a large spoon, combine swordfish mixture, 3/4 cup sourdough crumbs, tamari sauce, salt and egg white. Place remaining sourdough crumbs on a dinner plate. Lightly form 6 patties and cover with crumbs. Swordfish patties can be covered and refrigerated or immediately sautéed.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add swordfish patties. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve with Spicy Brown Mustard Mascarpone and sprinkle with chives. Salt to taste. Yield: 6 patties
- Spicy Brown Mustard Mascarpone: In a small bowl stir together Mascarpone and mustard. Variation: Substitute fresh minced ginger for the thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.