Author Notes: This is a recipe I learnt from an old italian friend of mine. Its so tasty but needs a bit of time for the sauce to reduce as the sugar comes out of the cauliflower so the sauce almost tastes a little sweet. It is well worth the wait. - rochelle Gallagher
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 fresh chillies
- 2 cups good olive oil
- 1 handful garlic
- 1 handful italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet penne pasta
- Heat oil in deep pan, add garlic and chillies. cook until golden brown. Don't have the gas on to hot as it will burn the oil.
- Chop cauliflower roughly add to oil. Keep moving the cauliflower around then pan this is a long process as it will take a while for the cauliflower to break down, it will take around 40 mins. When you see it breaking down the cauliflower should be a golden colour then with a large spoon help it along a bit by breaking it up.
- Place your penne pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook till al dente should be 6 to 9 mins.
- Remove pasta from pot and add into cauliflower sauce. Mix well and serve with parmesan cheese and italian parsley.