If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great favorite in our household. I served it here with my basil Thai sauce, (see that recipe if interested), but you don't really need anything on these, they are so good. I like to serve these with a side of an Asian cole slaw. If you are not a big fan of ginger, you can reduce that amount. I have used leftover rice as a binder to offset the liquid of the fish sauce, and like the way the rice adds to the burger. - Sagegreen
- 1 pound excellent quality ground beef
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 cup chopped scallion bulb (the white part)
- 1 tablespoon rolled and chopped spearmint leaves
- 1 tablespoon rolled and snipped Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon grass, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- scant pinch of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mixed fresh lemon and lime zest
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Thai basil leaves and lime wedges or slices for garnish
- hardwood coals for grill
- shredded red cabbage and a lemon-lime vinaigrette dressing with sunflowers sprouts as topping
- use mini pita pockets, or lettuce, rice paper wrappers or rolls
- Prepare your grill.
- Combine all the food ingredients to form the burger patties.
- Grill 2-4 minutes per side, as you like on a hot grill. Serve plain or with a Thai sauce on rolls; in mini pita pockets; with lettuce leaves; or even Spring Roll Wrappers (also known as rice paper, rice paper rounds, spring roll skin, edible rice paper, wraps, banh trang or summer roll wrappers-follow directions to soak in water first). Garnish with Thai basil and lime, cabbage and sprouts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.