If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've been on the little league travel baseball circuit for several years now. A lot of the games were played around supper time, and the parents usually brought snacks along. Each week it seemed we tried to outdo our previous snacking experience, and by the end of the season, we saw things like homemade pizza, pasta, cheese platters, some wine (for the grown ups) and an infamous roast beef sandwich, with Roquefort, red onion and horseradish mayo on a baguette, that I made one time, and people still rave about. This burger is inspired by that roast beef sandwich. - mrslarkin
Food52 Review: Mrslarkin's delectable burger with Roquefort and red onions made the most sinful lunch I've had in a long time. It tasted like a great bar burger, ramped up. Every element was sheer perfection, from the horseradish heat to the bite of arugula. Make this. Soon. You won't regret it. - MrsWheelbarrow - The Editors
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean, coarse ground beef, cold (keep the meat in the fridge until you are ready to cook)
- salt and pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns of your choice
- (use a sturdy roll that has a texture more like a ciabatta, with a good chew)
- good quality mayo and prepared horseradish, equal parts, mixed together well
- 4 - 6 ounces Roquefort, or any good quality blue cheese, divided into 4 parts and chilled
- fresh baby arugula
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat a flat top, cast iron skillet, or nonstick skillet to medium-high. Have all your burger ingredients ready for assembly on your counter.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties. Don't pack the meat, or handle it too much. Use a light hand for tender, juicy burgers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on your taste. Remove to a clean platter.
- While burgers are grilling, lightly toast the cut side of your buns. Remove to a clean platter.
- Now build your burger!
- Spread both cut sides of buns with horseradish mayo.
- On the bottom bun, place a small handful of arugula, followed by a hot burger, then some cold cheese, some sliced onions, and another dollop of horseradish mayo, if you like. Put your bun tops on, and have at it!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
La Dolce Vita
A sweet bite for a sweet life.
Italian Breakfast Buns
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Cereal = Dessert
The Daily Grind
Recipe of the Day