Author Notes: Tofu Buger and Miso Mayonnaise sauce. Much healthier than regular burger since tofu is included. I made an unique sause which may not be available at any store! Very unique, not typical American Burger. Try healthy burger with your favorite buns! - Japanese Housewife
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 12 ounces Tofu
- 4 ounces Minced Onion
- 4 pieces Ciabatta
- 1/2 pound Sliced Tomato
- 1 handful Leaf of Lettuce
- 1 ounce Sliced Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Miso
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1.Wrap tofu with paper towel to drain for a couple of hours. Then break with folk or hands.
- 2.Saute minced onion and let it cool.
- 3.In a bowl, combine ground beef, tofu, sauted onion, salt and pepper. Mix all together and make burgers.
- 4.Heat oil, cook burger in a fried pan for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- 5.Make sauce. Mix miso and mayonnaise.
- 6.Spread mayonnaise on both sides of ciabatta. Place leaf of lettuce, slice of tomato, cooked burger, tomato and cooked burger. Top with sliced red onion and miso&mayonnaise sauce. Add the top half of ciabbata and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers