If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My 12 year old daughter invented this recipe when our favorite gyro restaurant closed... —kimkraze
- • 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- pinches salt & pepper
- 4 Lg. onion rolls
- 3/4 cup cucumber sauce (store brand OR shredded cucumber, greek yogurt, garlic, salt & pepper to taste)
- 4 pieces crisp romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 ounces roasted red pepper strips
- 1/2 Lg. red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat grill or pan to medium-high.
- Form ground beef into 4, 12 oz. patties. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side (med. well), or to your taste.
- While burgers are cooking, place romaine lettuce on bottom half of bun.
- Add a layer of cucumber sauce.
- Carefully mound 1 ½ oz. crumbled feta on top of cucumber sauce.
- Next place a hot juicy burger on top of the crumbled cheese.
- Top with thinly sliced onions.
- Roasted pepper strips.
- And the chopped olives.
- Add another spoonful of cucumber sauce to taste.
- Put your bun tops on.
- Serve with crispy french fries tossed with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.