If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Share this delicious dish at Summer time gatherings with family and friends. It’s guaranteed to be a hit and a refreshing addition to the menu!
- Avocados from Mexico
- 2 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears fresh super sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- Spicy Salad Dressing, recipe follows
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat broiler to high. In a small cup, combine limejuice, chili powder and salt. Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture. Add 1/4 cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently.
- Cut two or three 1/4-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates.
- Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels. Garnish with reserved corn rounds. Serve with additional dressing, if desired. Spicy Salad Dressing: To 1/2 cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/8 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (cayenne).
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.