If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ohana is family and there is no favorite family food like a burger. in hawaii we like to spend time on the beach so this is a best burger for the grill. i was going to call this a blue hawaii burger but im not an elvis fan. this burger is no ka 'oi! - woody
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin (12 % fat)
- 1 can spam, sliced thin
- 1/2 cube butter, softened
- 4 tbs blue cheese crumbles
- 2 maui onions
- local tomatoes
- 4 hamburger buns , sweet hawaiian is my favorite, but like thin ones too
- salt, pepper
- when the butter soft, mix the blue cheese crumbles in it.
- make 4 patties out of the beef.
- make a pocket in the patty with your finger and stuff it with the blue cheese and butter combo and then cover the hole with more beef.
- do this with all patties.
- make a hot grill using wood or charcoal.
- cook each burger patty until it is as cooked as you want it. grill the spam. don't use the whole can. you can use the rest for tomorrow breakfast.
- brush the sliced maui onions with oil and grill them too.
- toast the buns too
- assemble: bun bottom, mayo, hamburger ,spam, maui onion, tomato and bun top with more mayo. then salt and pepper.
- no ka 'oi if there is any cheese and butter left over just spread it over the grilled hamburger bun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers