If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After creating this sweet chili & tomato conserve I pondered the perfect pairing and decided it would be with a beefy burger topped with my favorite mushroom- The Portobello and creamy Havarti cheese. Having received rave reviews I decided to submit this recipe . - micki barzilay
Sweet Chili & Tomato Conserve
- 8 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 large Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, honey, or agave
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mayonaise
- 1 1/2 pound Ground Beef ( High Quality Organic =best)
- 1 cup Sweet Chili and Tomato Conserve
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 Portabello Mushroom Caps ( medium to large)
- 4 slices of Havarti cheese
- Heat olive oil in frying pan add to it the minced fresh garlic, onions, ginger & whole tomatoes. Once tomato skin blisters-(remove skin & disgard) and allow tomatoes to fuse with the other ingredients adding next the sweet chili sauce (or paste), the apple cider vinegar, and sweetner of your choice. Let it fuse together and cook down for about 30 min. Remove pieces of ginger & discard. Remove and cool to room temp the conserve.
- Combine together the ground beef, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and 1 cup of the tomato & sweet chili conserve. Form into patties. Place into fry pan add olive oil and cook patties to your preference. In another fry pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil & Portobello Mushroom Caps (Leave whole but remove stem).
- Toast/Grill Buns. Slather conserve on both sides of the buns (you can mix in mayo for a creamier taste & appealing color if desired), add havarti cheese, the portabello mushroom & the beef patty, Bon Appetite!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers