If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These soufflés can be made as a single portion or in a pyrex to serve several people. It uses eggs and cream to which you add pecorino cheese. The pecorino should be quite young so it doesn't overwhelm the soufflés. Make the batter ahead and keep in fridge if you want to serve for brunch the following day. When serving drizzle with a little honey or glazed Balsamic Vinegar. You can serve the Sformatino as an entre with some green or arugula salad on the side. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 3/4 cup Pecorino young and grated
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup double cream
- nutmeg freshly ground
- white pepper freshly ground
- melted butter for moulds
- honey or Glaze of Balsamic Vinegar for decoration
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees (Gas mark 2). Boil a kettle of water for the bain-marie. Choose and set aside the tray you will use for the bain-marie that can fit the moulds in one go.
- Butter well the inside of loose individual muffin molds or a medium pyrex if you prefer to serve in one dish only.
- In a food processor mix the eggs with the double cream. Add the grated pecorino cheese, the nutmeg, salt and white pepper (this is a light coloured dish so white pepper it's best to use white pepper freshly ground) and pulse until everything is mixed. Taste for seasoning.
- Pour the mixture to 3/4 of the moulds, put the moulds in the tray, fill with boiling water to 3/4 of the hight of the moulds and cook in the bain-marie for 40 minutes. They will raise a fair bit but will go down very quickly so try and have everything set to serve as soon as possible.
- Invert the sformatino in a small plate, turn it back so the top if facing up and put on an individual serving dish or serve as is if you made it for several people in a pyrex mold. Drizzle with honey or Glaze of Balsamic Vinegar (thick creamy reduced balsamic vinegar) on top and serve with a green salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Recipe of the Day
That's the way the crumble crumbles
Recipe of the Day
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
These lunches are not-so-hot (and great).
A better basket.