If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mine is a South-American recipe that uses as a main ingredient chimichurri sauce.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine (malbec preferably but feel free to use any red wine)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf(italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds ground flank steak
- Swiss Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Baby Arugula
- 6 Hamburguer Buns
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, parsley, basil, garlic, shallots, and oregano in a crystal bowl mix with a fork until well blended.
- Add the kosher salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and stir. This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of Chimichurri Sauce.
- To make the patties, combine the ground steak with 1 cup of chimichurri sauce use your hands to mix well, divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form the portions into patties to fit the bread slices.
- Patties need to rest in the fridge for 30 min to 1 hour before cooking so they don’t fall apart
- Charcoal Grilling is preferable. Brush grill rack with olive oil. Place the patties on the rack, and cook, turning once, until done to preference 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium.
- While grilling take some of the remaining chimichurri sauce and using a brush, brush some of it on top of the patties.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, brush the bread slices to taste with chimichurri sauce on inner sides. Place the bread slices on the outer edges of the rack, turning once to toast lightly.
- Assemble the burgers on 6 bread slices place a patty and a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese or a slice of swiss cheese. Add chimichurri sauce to the remaining bread slices and some fresh baby arugula leafs.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?