If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
- 1/2 box of rigatoni pasta
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 4 summer squash (cousa, zephyr, costata romanesco, and round zucchini)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh Basil
- 1 lemon
- shaved parmesan
- olive oil
- Rinse your squash and trim the ends off. Cut each of them into quarters. Then cut into quarter of of inch slices. You want all the pieces to be similar sizes so they cook evenly. Take your sweet corn and remove the husks, cut in half. Make sure you hold it firmly bc its pretty tough to cut through. Then take your knife and run it down the cob. The corn will cut of nicely. Finely chop two cloves of garlic.
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, heat some olive oil. Then add your ingredients. Season well with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Meanwhile heat a saucepan full of water for your pasta. Saute squash till tender and turn off heat. Cook pasta according to directions. Then drain and place aside. I enjoy this pasta at room temperature. Once pasta has cooled, I add it to the squash mixture and toss. Add the juice of one lemon and drizzle more olive oil. Season to your liking with more salt and pepper. Lastly add fresh basil. I like to just tear the leaves leaving nice big pieces. It brings a freshness that is delightful. Place in a bowl and shave fresh parmesan on top. YUM
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe