If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother's burger recipe and it's the only way I've ever made burgers myself. As much as I like to try new things in the kitchen, I've no desire to make any changes to this one. Why mess with a good thing, right? Worcestershire Sauce and onions are the key to good flavor and a moist burger. Hope you like it as much as I do. - Lemons and Anchovies
- 3 - 3 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- garlic chives, chopped
- 3 - 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- A Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Garnishes: tomato slices, onions, lettuce, mayo, ketchup, pickles
- Hamburger buns
- Sharp cheddar slices
- With your hands, mix the top seven ingredients together in a large bowl. Make certain that the onions and chives are distributed fairly evenly in the meat mixture. Arrange into patties. I usually use a half or full measuring cup to evenly divide the mixture. Grill according to preferred doneness and serve with your favorite toasted bun or ciabatta and your favorite garnishes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers