If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says summer more than tree-ripened stone fruit. This summer, I fell in love with peaches and am incorporating them in both sweet and savory dishes. I think this slider recipe truly showcases the versatility of the peach. I promise you will never want to reach for ketchup again. —cucinettaNYC
- 1 pound grass-fed organic ground beef, 92% lean
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 medium red onion, sliced, 1/4" rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium peaches, halved and pitted, sliced, 1/4" thick
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 slider rolls, grilled/toasted
- Heat outdoor grill or indoor cast-iron griddle to high.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and oil in pan on medium high heat. Add onions and cook until caramelized, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- While onions are caramelizing, fold in chipotle into ground beef. Note: do not over-work/mix the beef.
- Once onions are caramelized, remove from heat. Start to form sliders, approximately 6 sliders per 1 pound of beef. Feel free to make sliders as big or as small as you like.
- Salt and pepper the sliders and place on hot grill. Cook to desired temperature. We like medium-rare which is approximately 3 minutes per side.
- While sliders are grilling, add mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice and basil to food processor and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Note: the sauce will be a lovely light green color.
- Once you are 1 minute away from sliders being done, place peach slices on grill and cook for 1 minute until grill marks appear but peaches do not soften.
- Remove peaches and sliders from heat. Let sliders rest but remember there will be some carry-over cooking so internal temperature will still rise.
- To assemble: spread sauce on bottom half of slider roll. Next, stack slider, peach, onion (in that order). Spread more sauce on top half of roll and place on top of slider stack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.