If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an old Sicilian recipy. During the war meat was very scarce. So they would use what was available. My grand mother would do this over a woodburning stove. Would make a fresh tomatoes bazil sauce and then would incorperate eggs into this dish. Would give you proteins and vitamins. - NickC
Serves can serve as many as you what
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh tomatoe sauce
- 2 stems of basil 1 for cooking and one for presentation
- 2 slices of fresh italian bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- Step 1: Basic Fresh tomatoe sauce, Take a frying pan add olive oil and 1 clove of garlic curshed. Take freshly crushed tomatoes 1 cup and pour into the pan add basil, add salt and pepper to taste and add a quarter spoon of sugar to remove acidity. heat up until it starts to boil. Add 2 eggs or as many as you want but i prefer 2 to 4 max for this recipy. reduce heat and cover unitl eggs are cooked. Estimated time not more then 5 minutes to prepare. When ready remove from heat remove eggs and place them on your plate add add some sauce over them or to the side and enjoy them with fresh crusty bread. Takes me to the old country.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.