Author Notes: I love the combination of peaches with tomatoes. This salad compliments grilled fish nicely. - cucinettaNYC
- 2 cups assorted heirloom tomatoes: black, brandywine, zebra and golden nugget - you want a variety of color and shapes
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- fruity olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large basil leaves, torn
- Cut tomatoes into chunks - you can halve the smaller cherry ones - and place in bowl.
- Add peaches and onions to tomatoes and let the ingredients rest so that the flavors meld, but no longer than 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with good fruity olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle torn basil leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes