Author Notes: We have been experiencing quite the heat wave in New York City, and as a result we continue to create no-cook recipes. Here is one of our solutions. It would make a nice appetizer, side salad or main dish. - City Share
- 16 ounces tuna
- 16 ounces cannellini beans
- 1 handful Niçoise olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 small roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 scapes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cups salad greens
- Parmesan cheese curls
- Combine the tuna, beans, olives, peppers, capers and scapes in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, herbes de Provence and drizzle over the tuna mixture.
- Layer the salad greens, tuna mixture, tomatoes and top with cheese curls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes