If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our church in Chicago distributed a variation of this recipe at Easter to encourage families to create memories together. Making salsa and eating it together is a good way to spend some quality time together!! Over the years, we modified this recipe and made it just the way we like it! —DebWard
Makes 6 cups
- 12 Fresh Heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup medium chopped cilantro
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice (optional)
- Core and dice tomatoes preserving juice! Combine all ingredients well and refrigerate overnight. Stir well again and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Hold Onto Those Stems
Over 30 recipes to put herb stems to good use
How to cook with herb stems.
Hatch chiles are worth the fuss.
We've got the summer blues.
Our favorite food reads.
A better basket.