If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy way to enjoy fresh from the garden tomatoes, this pasta dish only requires cooking the pasta. Everything else is cold, making this dish super simple. A great lunch or dinner dish for one. Feel free to adjust the quantities of the ingredients to your liking. Enjoy! —hairnet
- 1 large Heirloom Tomato, any variety, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 leaves, fresh basil, torn or chopped into small shreds
- 2 cups hot, cooked fusilli pasta, fresh out of the pot
- 1 teaspoon extremely good extra-virgin olive oil, fruity is best
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Mozzarella will soften and get gooey and delicious. Grind fresh pepper and sprinkle sea salt on to taste. Sit outside in the garden and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.